Successful Dating Strategies – How to Date and how not to Date
If you are single, you will know how difficult it is to find advice about dating and being single. We’d all love to meet our perfect soulmate. So often so-called dating experts (who are usually married) astound us with obvious wisdom but I am sure you get the feeling their point of view isn’t always too realistic. You know, being single can be a tough and lonely whatever your age, and every now and again it would be good to get some real inspiration from other single people.
If you are new to the dating scene, a regular or are just simply wanting to meet someone new there should always be time for top dating tips, advice, information and things to consider. The truth is there are no magic formulas or potions and no cunning ways of trapping Mr or Miss right. But there are some valid facts that you should take into consideration along the way.
1. Make sure you are really ready to enter the dating game. Have some idea about what it is you are hoping to achieve. Also be prepared for some disappointments along the way, however don’t let this affect the bigger picture.
2. Get your image right, don’t go over the top, you still want to look like yourself. Don’t try too hard either, but remember people do appreciate other peoples appearances.
3. Think about your dating goals and timescales. Be honest to yourself, if you see yourself married in two years, then approach dating accordingly. If you are more laid back about dating, then be honest with those you may date.
4. Be confident. Do all those little things that will boost your confidence levels. Don’t talk about adult matters or sex toys on your first date. The other person will respect you more in the long run if you dont bring up this ‘touchy’ issue.
5. Don’t aim too low but do aim realistically. Be prepared and realistic about your chances. Dating is not just based on your personality but on the whole package you present to others.
6. Think about where you are going to meet new people. Join drama groups or a gymnasium, anything where you are likely to meet potential partners and the kind of people you are looking to meet.
7. If it’s not going well, then don’t be afraid to take time out from dating. Take stock and maybe re-evaluate. Keep your optimism high and try again.
8. Remember you’re not going to necessarily meet your soulmate on your first date. So enjoy dating for what it is, meeting new people and even making new friends as you go.
9. Never make yourself too available. People still like the thrill of the chase when dating. The longer someone is made to chase you and fall for you, the more likely it is that love is going to blossom.
10. Most importantly, enjoy yourself. It will add a new dimension to your life. Dating will let you meet a variety of people who you wouldn’t necessarily thought you’d get along with, or have anything in common with. Whether or not anything more develops from dating, think of it as another of those little life experiences.